The Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience accepts exhibition proposals until the end of December. We review our exhibition schedule annually with our entire staff in January, and generally try to have our exhibition schedule planned 4-5 years in advance.
Background of the Museum
The mission of the Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience is to connect everyone to the rich history, dynamic cultures and art of the Asian Pacific Americans through vivid storytelling and inspiring experiences.
The Wing is nationally recognized for our community-based exhibition model. In 1995, the Museum received the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) National Award for Museum Service on the strength of its cutting edge work in fostering broad-based participation in the development of exhibitions and programs.
With each exhibition, we bring many community members into the development process, and integrate oral history gathering and a range of multimedia techniques into our displays. Please note that if your exhibition is selected, The Wing will work with you to determine the best ways to integrate our community-based process and bring in the rich stories, experiences and resources from community members. For more information on our Community Process please click here.
Please see "exhibitions" for more information on our past exhibitions.
Guidelines for exhibition proposals
Please include the following information in your proposal:
- Exhibition description: What is the topic of your exhibition? Why is it significant? What could visitors potentially see, hear, read and experience in the exhibition?
- Exhibition goals: What are the primary goals of your exhibition?
- Statement of exhibition's connection to The Wing mission: How does your exhibition relate to The Wing's mission?
- Community Process: How will the exhibition incorporate The Wing's Community Process? Community members can contribute and provide input and advise on resources, content, design, outreach and programs.
- Sample images, if applicable: Please provide any sample images, if applicable. (Do not send original artwork or photographs.)/li>
- Scheduling concerns, if applicable: Are there any scheduling concerns we should be aware of?
- If this is an existing exhibition, please include information on size and scale of exhibition (square and/or linear feet), and a list of the works, including sizes and descriptions (text panels, framed works, multimedia displays, etc.)
- Please include any required fees (rental, shipping, etc.)
- If you would like to have materials returned to you, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope with appropriate postage.
Please send exhibit proposals to:
ATTN: Exhibition Proposals
Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience
719 South King Street
Seattle, WA 98104